Thursday, July 8, 2010

Playing Catch Up

I need to get a tattoo on my hand that says "Update Blog"...seriously.

A couple weeks ago Tini and I took 13 teenagers (Rosebuds) camping for the weekend. It was fun, but a lot of work/stress for only two people. This caused me to miss Wreckers practice. Last weekend, John, Bex, Rachaell, Jamie and I went camping with my mom, sister and niece down in Southern Oregon for the 4th of July/mom's 50th birthday (yet missing another weekend of Wreckers practice..) I'm really not sure how to explain that weekend, it was a strange one. I love my mom dearly, but I went home remembering again why I moved away.

More derby stuff..love it!! This weekend is my first practice in a month. I've gone to two gay skates and I've skated outdoors but with bootcamp starting next week I need to catch up. Ah yes...bootcamp. I'm so excited I can't stand it. I was on the waiting list for about 3 weeks due to a glitch in the shopping cart. There were 30 spots available and mine went through when there was still room. Aparently it synced up with the system when it was sold out...making me #1 on the waiting list. Well I got the email Tuesday, and I'm in! So starting next Thursday I'll be practicing about 5 times a week, twice on Saturday. It's going to kick my ass, I'll be sore, but it's (hopefully) going to get me ready for Fresh Meat Tryouts in August.
I just bought some awesome tights, socks and laces from Wicked Skatewear, I can't wait to wear them this weekend! And Beki at Oaks set me and Bex up with some awesome new (better) wheels than we already had so I should be set!

Work..ugh. I have a job so I shouldn't be complaining but it's nice outside, I have this great sewing studio/creative space that I'm not able to find time to get to and I'm not in love with my job..not the way I use to be. I can't wait until I come up with an amazing idea, and can sell billions of whatever that may be lol..until then I'm here. Monday through Friday..I'm here. In my cubicle..

Love..oh yeah! I'm more in love than ever. Every day I find yet another reason to be greatful for my awesome relationship. John's really been supportive of RD, helping me figure out what I want to do when I grow up, and the kids. I'm so happy it's one less stress I have to deal with.

Friends..where are they?! Facebook seems to be really the only way of communicating with my friends now, and I'm not exactly sure what I think about it. Jen and I text, Rochelle and I chat online, but for the most part, other than that it's all Facebook. We're all so busy so it certainly comes in handy..but what happened to the personal quality time, the friendly get togethers and happy hour?

I found a website yesterday, Swap-Bot. I can't believe I've never heard of this before, but it's a website where you can go to trade stuff! Handmade, New, Vintage, whatever! I'm excited to get started and start swapping, I love getting things in the mail! I signed up for a few already, one I'm most excited about is a journal swap. We keep a daily journal with a minimum of 10 entries and 10 pictures. We need to include 3 'souveniers' and an intro page. We then send it off to the person that was assigned to us and we get to read about the life of a complete stranger! I think it's really cool, and I'm going to tell them all about roller derby! Another one, is we just need to send a package of pink stuff. That's it, just pink items! Ribbon, note cards, stickers, fabric, etc. We get to read their profile and get an idea of the kinds of things they like and go from there. I can't wait to start getting packages in the mail!

That's it for now, time to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment