Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Raw Food it is!

Anyone who knows me at all know I change my mind about as often as I change my Facebook status *lol*. So Vegan wasn't for me. I don't have the dedication it takes (or the paycheck) to cut all animal products completely out of my life. Food yes, no problem I can do that. But shoes, handbags, face moisturizer and shampoo? So with more research and a bit of poking around the internet I discovered the Raw Food diet. Which..I don't think you can consider it a diet, and maybe that's not the right term. I've heard Raw Food Revolution, Raw Food Enthusiest, Raw Foodie *lol*. I stumbled upon an amazing website Raw Food Rehab and so far I think it's going to be the key to my success. The women I've had the opportunity to speak with so far are wonderful and very inspirational.
I even got a food dehydrator a couple days ago, I can't wait to start putting it to good use! Also, the day I joined I went and bought flax seed, raw brazil nuts, and raw sunflower seeds to get me started.
I talked to John a little about it and how I really want the kids to be on board with it as well. He (seems) up to the challange!

So for breakfast today:
Odwalla Mango Tango Smoothie (don't think it's raw because I think they are pasturized~but I'm still new to this, I'll learn!)

Lunch:
4 Carrots (juiced in my fantastic Omega VRT)
2 Kiwi's (juiced)
1 Apple (juiced)
1/2 Celery Stock (juiced)

I've never EVER juiced a carrot and drank it...it was simply wonderful! I never expected it to be sweet, what a nice treat!

I can't wait to see what I can come up with for dinner:)

No comments:

Post a Comment