Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ima Slacker!

It's June 2nd and I haven't posted a real blog worthy post in..well..a LONG time! I swore this year I'd do better. I guess I've been so wrapped up with random Facebook posts on a daily basis I've completely forgoten about blogging.

So here I am again.
My crazy life now consists of Roller Derby and work. My job is pretty basic, Mon-Fri 8-5 (4 on Fridays) but Roller Derby..Roller Derby has taken over..and I LOVE it! I joined barely a month and a half ago, and since then I've been going to practices 3 days a week, a few open skates at Oaks, a few bouts, and I've been volunteering. Not to mention Bex is now a Rosebud (Portland's Junior Roller Derby team) so I'm trying to help out where I can with them as well. I'm sore all the time, I often feel like I'm not getting anywhere and I'm considering changing my name to Klutz. But I feel so amazing after the practices, and as much as I hate endruance training..I am so thankfull for it after. I signed up for the Pre-Meat Bootcamp last night, I really think it will be a great experience, not to mention raise my chances on getting picked for the Fresh Meat team. Bootcamp goes from 7/15-8/8 and tryouts are 8/12. I'm already nervous. But..I know what I need to practice, I know what I'm struggling with and if I could just get those things down it will make more confident for the bootcamp!

This weekend is Our Gang Off Road's Season Opener up at Browns Camp and I'm leading a ladies only trail run...otherwise I'd be going to the Championships and practice :(

Zoe got to spend the night with me on Saturday. It was awesome, I haven't cared for a newborn (2 mos.) in almost 10 years! Funny how everything comes back. I have absolutely no desire to have any more kids, and I LOVE that I can just take her home to her parents :) But Jen and I have been best friends for 13 years. We've been there through each others marriage's, divorces, kids, custody issues, legal issues, we've had normal best friend problems and here we are. She's not my sister, but she might as well be. I'm so greatful to be Zoe's aunt, I'm excited to spoil her rotten, to be a shoulder for her to cry on. To have a safe place for her to come to when she's 15 and her parent's 'just don't understand'.

That's it for now, time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment